In 2021 Fandom introduced a new layout called FandomDesktop. You can modify this layout via Special:Preferences in a few ways:
- Expand the width of the content area
- Collapse the right sidebar
- Pick a dark or light theme, or use the default set by the wiki's admins
Note that buttons to toggle these options also appear elsewhere. Only logged in users can collapse the right sidebar.
If you encounter an issue, please be sure to report it. You have a number of options to do so:
- If your wiki has a Wiki Representative assigned, be sure to raise issues with them.
- Our help desk team is ready to receive any bug reports you may have.
- Our official Discord server has a dedicated #ucx channel for discussing the new experience with other editors, admins, Wiki Reps, and Staff.
If you have questions about the updated Fandom logo and branding, please check out The Future of Fandom.
For more general information about why we developed this layout and what it contains, please see these blog posts:
- Introducing FandomDesktop, the new look and feel for desktop users (March 25, 2021)
- A deeper look at Article Pages on FandomDesktop (April 7)
- A deeper look at Navigation on FandomDesktop (April 29)
- A deeper look at Theme Designer on FandomDesktop (May 13)
- A deeper look at Creator Tools and What's Next (May 20)
- FandomDesktop: A New Experience Has A New Customization Policy (June 1)
- Welcome to the future of Fandom (August 3)
- A trio of wiki enhancements for editors and admins (August 11)
- Site Notice and Anon Notice return to Fandom (August 25)
- Theme Designer support for Discussions (September 22)
- Content Review and Dev Wiki scripts on historically Gamepedia wikis (October 12)
- Fandom's plans for the first few months of 2022 (January 25, 2022)
- Fandom is expanding Trivia Quizzes (February 22)
- Fandom is upgrading to MediaWiki 1.37 (February 24)
- Introducing Fandom Auth - Our New Secure Login Service (March 10)