In 2021 Fandom introduced a new layout called FandomDesktop. You can modify this layout via Special:Preferences in a few ways:
- Expand the width of the content area
- Collapse the right sidebar
- Pick a dark or light theme, or use the default set by the wiki's admins
Note that buttons to toggle these options also appear elsewhere. Only logged in users can collapse the right sidebar.
If you encounter an issue, please be sure to report it. You have a number of options to do so:
- If your wiki has a Wiki Representative assigned, be sure to raise issues with them.
- Our help desk team is ready to receive any bug reports you may have.
- Our official Discord server has a dedicated #ucx channel for discussing the new experience with other editors, admins, Wiki Reps, and Staff.
If you have questions about the updated Fandom logo and branding, please check out The Future of Fandom.
For more general information about why we developed this layout and what it contains, and what new features it has allowed us to add, please check out the following blog posts:
- Introducing FandomDesktop, the new look and feel for desktop users (March 25, 2021)
- A deeper look at Article Pages on FandomDesktop (April 7)
- A deeper look at Navigation on FandomDesktop (April 29)
- A deeper look at Theme Designer on FandomDesktop (May 13)
- A deeper look at Creator Tools and What's Next (May 20)
- FandomDesktop: A New Experience Has A New Customization Policy (June 1)
- Welcome to the future of Fandom (August 3)
For information on more recent feature updates (i.e. post August 2021), please see recent major updates on Fandom wikis!